Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mission Day (21. July. 2011)

It's been a long time, but I need to share this before the feeling goes away.


Today, we had Mission Day at my institute. Mission Day is when a speaker comes to the institute (or one of the teachers makes a presentation) and speaks to all the adult students. Besides the presentation, we speak to them about the weekend programs and religion class. This term, we also explained about Summer Bible Camp, since it's coming next weekend. All-in-all, like another vespers program . . . kinda.




Anyway, I was the Mission Day speaker at my institute. I used my 1st vespers powerpoint as my 1st mission day program (ah, the joys of recycling). I spoke on the "7 Secrets to Learning English". I had to give the same presentation 3 times (7:00, 10:00, & 20:00).




We had a few challenges, but God had shown His power. God truly took over the event.




I was tired and sick, but God was able to make me feel healthy, engergized, and enthusiastic through each of the 3 sessions. I felt nervous and didn't know what to do or say, but God stepped in and had the other teachers step in as well and help direct. I am so grateful for them, especially Thula; since she is the one with the most experience and with the gift of leading out a program so gracefully. I'm indebted to her. Fabrice also. Shew, he was ever helpful and supportive: great guy to have around. Shew, but the results of Mission Day. . .




At the end, we pass out cards where they write their names, teacher's name, class level, and time as well as fill out a short questionare about the program. On the card were questions like "Do you want to study the Bible?", "Do you want to go to Summer Bible Camp", and "Are you interested in Religion Class?" I was shocked to see how many wanted Bible studies and wanted to go to camp. Man, I was shocked. I didn't think most were interested, but God had definitely stepped in.




This is an experience I will treasure, for it was today that I felt like a missionary. God doesn't need us to do His work for Him. He can always find other ways to reach people; but there is something special about being involved in the work yourself. It is your own experience, your own memory you share with God: it's like an inside joke; it is something only the 2 of you share. It is in the mission field where you can see God at work from up-close (and most definitely personal). I am humbled at how God was able to use me to reach people I didn't think were interested.


You know what the crazy thing is? This is only the beginning! The journey of these interested souls has just begun! Satan is going to work even harder in order to get them--and us. But the amazing thing is that the 1st step was made; a step many never take.


Praise God for His abundant mercy and generosity. Only in His mercy can He wait for every person possible. Only in His generosity can He give ample opportunities and share these priceless moments in reaching priceless souls.




GOD IS GREAT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment