Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Orange, Education, & Harvest

Hi everyone. I've got a few more pics I want to share with you.


One of my students gave me this orange. That's my name in Korean (letters).


I feel loved.



My orange and I in the teachers' staff room.

The orange has gone over to the next phase. It was very delicious.



The Jeju Education Museum--just 1 block from my apartment.
A museum this close? Of course I'm there!


Confucian school.
(I went here alone, so there might be many things that I don't understand or portray incorrectly. I'll try to go again with a Korean.)


Confucian teacher.



Confused students.



Let's not interrupt.



A model of a Confucian school.
I'm afraid to ask what the tuition was.


Uniforms.



Outdoor kids' class.



Outdoor high school.



Whoa, check out the size (and gender ratio).



Ah, 1 of my favorite school subjects: lunch!
Sorry if you're hungry.


First time I saw Korean Sign Language.
It's definitely different in all languages/countries.



A nice garden on a very bright, sunny day.


Hooray for bursts of color!



 Same day, after the Education Museum, I went with a church member to pick Gosari herbs (basically ferns).
"Why?" you ask? Well . . . why not?

Besides, with this view, I think it was worth it.


Yeah, a few graves here, but it's all good.

The "gosari" (I don't know the English name) plants I harvested, only dried.
Man, I can't believe Term break is this Friday . . . .

2 comments:

  1. Gosari is called fernbrake in English.

    http://journaloftravelandadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete