Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Historical Sapporo

I  am a history buff.
Even if I don't know much about the history of where I'm going, I like to see anything historical they may have preserved--and learn a little more about their said history in the process.
I should admit, it is challenging when the texts in historical museums are in the local language only.
But that doesn't bother me too much, seeing I don't spend a lot of time reading all the texts. Maybe I should change that.

Anyway, let's take a tiny glimpse at Sapporo's (and Hokkaido's) historical buildings.

Central Sapporo

Former Hokkaido Government Office
I did not know this.



Interesting

What's this old Western building in central Sapporo?

Sapporo Clock Tower


Sapporo City Archives Museum

Historical Village of Hokkaido

Entrance to the Historical Village of Hokkaido (Sapporo Station)

Hokkaido Development Commision Main Sapporo Office

This place really is an open-air museum.

My feet were killing me, so I took this ride.

There's the trolley, with proof that a horse was there.

Driver freshening up the horse.

In the trolley, meeting another trolley coming back.

Getting off. Quaint little ride.

Man, these flowers in front of the Sokeshoumabetsu Relay Station

What's better than going through the woods?
Getting to and crossing a bridge in the woods!

Oh, that's interesting.

A couple doing their own photo-shoot.

This was summer (August), but doesn't it look like early autumn?

Tsuchiya's Storehouse

Some more of the "town."

Inside a dorm room of Sapporo Agricultural College Hostel

I wanted to try this, but it was sold out.

I got this instead.

It was good! I really liked it!

Waiting for the bus to go back to the subway.


Below is a video of my photos and videos from the Historical Village of Hokkaido--plus other places I went that day (like a cat cafe, a karaoke, and a Ferris Wheel).

No comments:

Post a Comment