Friday, January 7, 2011

More from Christmas/New Year's Break (pt. 1)

Happy New Year 2011, everybody! Glad to have you come back to my blog. The term has started and I now have free time to fill you in on some of what's happened.

After the Christmas weekend, Karen, a friend from another SDA Language Institute in Kwangu, came up to spend some time with me. We just relaxed, watched a couple of movies, and I showed her around a bit.

On Wednesday, we went to Itaewon (the foreigner "quarter" of Seoul) to see where we could find clothes that would fit us. Mission accomplished; but I didn't buy anything. We met 2 other fellow orientation-mates (Rebecca and Tim) and ate Chinese-American food together. Karen departed to another friend's place there in Seoul, whereas Tim, Rebecca, and I went to Namdaemun Market. It was about 21:00, so most of the shops were closed; but the one I wanted to visit was open. Yay! So I was able to buy a few traditional Korean souvenirs.

We walked around for a bit longer then went our seperate ways. I got back to Cheonan pretty late (around 1:00) and had to wait a good 15 minutes for a taxi to go take me home--and overcharge me at the same time. Never again.


Anyway, I did take my camera with, but I didn't take many pictures. I wanted to keep up with everyone and it was bleeping cold. Here they are:



On Tuesday, Karen and I went to a Soup/Porridge restaurant across from my institute. It was just what we needed.

As we were waiting for our soups, I let my camera-happy self out--a little.


Pumpkin Soup. It was good, but waaayyy too much--never thought I'd say that.




Walking by the Korean Nazarene University.



The snow was coming down hard that day.



Wednesday: Itaewon and Namdaemun areas.

Yeah, the Fat Panda Chinese-American Restaurant caught my eye.




2011 is the Year of the Rabbit, right?





Fountain of Lights.





M.






Driving Under a Ceiling of Lights.



Yeah, not much going on. Sorry if you expected more.

No comments:

Post a Comment