Thursday, December 9, 2010

Kiwi and Suncheon

Ok, here is some more of what's been going on; now in December.



This picture is a little late, but I have to include it. This was from when my evening class students took me out to eat out with them and then on to Toujours Bakery. This is the jar of kiwi jam. It's quite good. It took me a while to finally open it and try it. The jar was so pretty!




Now, on to my latest trip: Suncheon.


One of my best friends from orientation (Vuyiwe) was moved to Suncheon. I had the weekend off, so I made sure to go and see her--especially since by the end of the month, she'll go back home for good.


I left Friday around 13:26 or so from Cheonan station. I couldn't find a bus, but I did find a train. I was excited to go on a train again--and not a metro/subway train.

Korean Rail.





The platform.



Yeap, the only foreigner in the car.


I loved the train. I had way more leg room that I did in the Austrian/German trains.


3 hours and 55 minutes later . . .

Suncheon station, after coming down the stairs, into the main hall.





Suncheon Station in 3 languages/3 different alphabets.





As I look back at the station before getting in a taxi.





The view from my friend's bedroom window.



She had to give the Vespers/FNF that night and song service. She basically recruited me on the spot. I was more than willing, only my throat was not in the best conditions. But praise God, it all worked out.







Thank you Ingrid, for the pictures--and for directing us!



2 kind ladies took Vuyiwe and I out to eat with them. These pictures are from the cafe. It was really modern.


From the outside.

This is for all you car-lovers out there.







Deutscher VW!


The cafe we went to





From inside the cafe.




Back to my seat.





Before . . .




. . . After.



Sunday: 2 of Vuyiwe's kids came to spend the day with her. I tagged along as well. At first, I felt a little out of place; but by the end, we warmed up to each other.




Lunch destination: Han's Deli
Degree of recommendation: a must.




and I am happy to be fed by you.





Vuyiwe capturing her kids, and one of her kids capturing Vuyiwe and I.




My meal: Gratin Chicken Curry (*mouth-watering*)



Later, we went to the river (never caught the name).








They have a spot where you can rent bikes. We tried, but to utter disappointment.

I haven't ridden a bike in years (and I'm not very good at it), but even I wanted to try it.

Blast. Hopefully, there will be a next time.




For all you McDonalds lovers/haters.

Yes, they deliver in Korea.

Most (if not all) are open 24/7.




If only I knew what it said . . .

This is in the shopping district, so maybe that has something to do with it.




Kale, kale, kale.




Now, the time of departure has unfortunately arrived. I must leave this small city which I grew to like behind (even for the 2 days and 2 nights I was there).



On the platform, waiting for the train back to Cheonan.


Well, those are all the highlights so far.

I'll try to do a better job of keeping you all posted of my state of existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment