Monday, October 8, 2018

Dotseom Island (8. Oct. '18)

Yesterday, I went to Jeodo Bridge. Today, I (finally) checked out Dotseom Island. This is a small island about 10 minutes off the Masan coast. You can get there via ferry at the Masan Passenger Terminal. They run ferries every half hour from 9 - 18 (8,000 Won per adult, which includes roundtrip tickets on the ferry). Supposedly, there is a guesthouse on the island, but I don't know much about it (alright, I don't know anything about it).

Let's go through the pictures.

A panoramic view of the ferry terminal.

Stuff to see/do in Changwon + Map


Some people really had a ball feeding the seagulls.


Arriving at Dotseom

Climbing to the top, then glancing back at the dock.

Green tunnel

The top of the island: statues, memorials, & flowers.

Walking "lego" man

Inside the "Poem Tree" statue.

Poem tree info 

A view of the beach behind the island (across the island from the boarding dock).

Serene

Trolley, wheelchair friendly-ish!

Hanging pedestrian bridge (really liked it)

The sign at the dock, but before we go, let's check out the other part I hadn't seen yet.

"Dot" = pig, "Seom" = island; "Dotseom" = "Pig Island.

The story of "Pig Island" (Dotseom). I didn't get it.

Walking trails around the island.

The southwestern part of the island

White Peacock (at a sort of bird & rabbit zoo (?))

Regular peacock

Bunnies!

Moth on a flower

Silhouette

Ferry back to Masan

One final look at Dotseom

She was able to hold out the snack, and a seagull took it from her fingers, but I couldn't film it.


"Dotseom Happy Island"
Why do they have a Mexican pig?

Nice place. I'd go back to take friends along, but probably not on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment