Thursday, April 21, 2011

Taejo Mountain Weekend (Pt.2) _17. April_

Alright! 'Tis the day of the picnic! The Cheonan group arrived 1st and met us at the park. We got to meet everyone, set up, and start eating. We brought a lot to eat--mostly snacks.

Afterward, we explored the park area a bit then walked up some of the mountain to where there was a clearing--just perfect for our games. We had a great time, lots of laughs, and relaxed a bit. At around 14:00, it was time to go.

Kinda sad, I wanted to stay longer. Oh well, perhaps another day.




Someone is happy about the picnic.

This was taken as the father (my former student) drove his family, another former-student of mine (neither in the picture), and I over to the park.





The fountain at the park.

Wow.






Setting up. I think we were maybe half-way through with the set-up.






An apparent outdoor war exhibit.






What will we do?

Let's go and explore! (my natural answer)





1 of 2 fighter planes.





Hi there.





I went up the steps on the previous picture to take this shot.






Too bad I don't know much about planes.






Hmmmm . . . army land vehicles . . . .







No one in our group knew what this was.

Blast.












Walking up, we reach an indoor rock wall. It looked waaayyyy too advanced for me. Then of course, I am not even a beginner.





Up at the clearing where we played our games.


oh, these trees and their flowers . . .




I thought the family I rode with needed to leave early, so I ran down the hill (was sore for 3 days because of it) to let them know, they can go if they want. They ended up waiting for the rest of us.

So, as I waited for the rest of the group with them, I thought, let's take pictures of this little one.


So, I did.



Daddy's girl with her very proud father.



No comments:

Post a Comment