Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Teachers' Retreat Weekend (8. - 10. April)

On Friday, 8. April, all the SDA Institute Foreign Teachers in Korea gathered at the English Village in Yangpyeong. We all arrived between noon and 13:00 (it took us about 2-2.5 hours to get there).

This was my 1st retreat and I must say: it was an immense blessing. I received more spiritual nourishment this weekend than I have in these past 7 months combined . . . like a feast after a 7-month fast. It was an enormous blessing to listen to the speaker (Pastor Hillary from South Africa/New Zealand). It was also good to participate in the Communion service as well.

Another highlight was spending time with friends from orientation--some I haven't seen since orientation in August.

Too bad I was sick before, during, and after the event. I did not get enough sleep--even had to be at the cafeteria at 6:30 to help with breakfast on Sabbath--but it was well worth it. I'm looking forward to the summer camp in the end of July--when we can bring our adult students with us. ^^




Well, here's some of what I saw:

The view from my window on the 3rd/top floor of a dormitory.

The architecture used in the place is reminiscent of Virginia . . . I actually felt at home almost immediately.



More dormitories/apartments


Football/Soccer (whichever you call it) field.
British phone booths plus a Korean phone booth.




More of the apartments.




The map of the area. It feels big, but it's really not.




An interesting map . . . inaccurate, yet interesting.





Looking through to the light.





There's a Korean drama that was filmed here. On both sides of this bridge, you see large posters of each of the 5 main characters.





Sign and mini golf course




Space Observatory




too bad it was closed.




But did get this view from the top of the stairs.




Yours truly and Annamarie, a teacher who just started in my institute this month.





The Alexandria Pavilion.





The promenade to the village.




The Monticello Global Center from the front (my dorm was behind this building).





Whoa, only 3 years old!





Ok, not in Virginia, but I guess this helps give the American feel (?).





The other side of the promenade.




Still-Action.





Ah, timeless Greek architecture . . .




Of course I had to enjoy this.




Greek architecture, nature, and wind . . . I'm in my "happy place".





even in black and white and animation.





columns!





Stoneways for people and water





Some more of the front.




Most of the mini golf course.




A stream that runs through the promenade.





Same stream, only animated.





hmmmm, peace in the hills/mountains . . .





Playing with architecture and light and shadow.




Same as the 1 before.





How about black and white?





The "Washington Airport" (arrival point).





Ah, the hills . . . much liked.



This was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment