Monday, June 20, 2011

An Exceptionally Good Sunday (19. June)

On Sunday, June 19, one of my best friends from orientation came down to visit me in Cheonan. I showed him around downtown and walked over to the train station. As we were walking about near Cheonan Station, we found a place that appealled to us: a cat cafe! A cat cafe is where you can drink your coffee (or whatever) while petting/playing/watching/etc. cats.

Considering the both of us are cat-lovers, we just had to check it out!



Below are the images I captured:



In the cafe, plus one of the owners.




The TV area.




The eating area.




Looking out towards the window.


The smell was a little bad, but after a while it went away (or we got used to it).


They were mostly Siamese cats. They are not my favorite breed, but I was happy just to be able to be in contact with cats.



Arron has now been claimed.

There was a point when he had 3 cats on his lap! They all love him!





Simply adorable.





Arron + Motion + Still Life


Afterwards, we met 2 of my students at the Kraze Burger in Galleria (the huge mall near my apartment). From there, we went to see if we could get to Hyeongchungsa (Admiral Yi Sun Shin's park and shrine). It took some work, but we were able to make it in--but only for a brief 30 minutes or so.




Arron setting his camera, Sally walking back a bit, and Jim observing everything (plus the docent waiting for us to leave).





Happy Moment.


Dunno what was said, but I like the facial expressions.





From the Admiral's shrine.

Better view than I remember.




Even good things must come to end. We all had a great time and I hope we can do something like this again soon. I absolutely loved this.



2 comments:

  1. Can you recall where the cat cafe in cheonan was? Its a long long shot I know but I really want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sorry but I don't remember exactly. If I was there I could walk there and figure out the directions as I'm walking, but this is kinda hard now (since I'm currently in Jeju).
    I'm not sure, but when I went to visit Cheonan last year, I believe it was closed. As I said, I'm not sure.
    Sorry I'm not much help. T.T

    ReplyDelete