Monday, March 19, 2012

Hi everyone; so sorry for taking so long. It's REALLY busy over here--but it's also fun.^^
Let me show you around the institute for a bit:

The playground beside the institute.
Oh yeah, the institute is behind the playground (from this angle).

The Jeju SDA Institute (from the side)

Classical look at a water fountain.


The main entrance
The signs

another angle

Just 1 block away: The Jeju Supreme Court
btw: in the basement, there's an all-you-can-eat restaurant. For 3,500 Won ($3.08/2.32 Euros) you can eat as much as you can--although, the menu is very limited. There's a calendar with each day's menu beside the entrance, so you can decide when to come.

One of the nearby grocery stores.
The fruits and vegetables are not as cheap as Emart or LotteMart, but the quality is better.

Taking a walk and I saw this sign.
Sorry, random.

At the entrance of the fire station.

A nearby Buddhist temple.
I haven't gone inside, but I'm curious. It's about 1km from my home.

Random discovery at a local Emart: Swedish cookies.
I wonder if they really are Swedish . . .

Inside a public bus.
I saw something here that I haven't seen in any other bus in Korea:
a trash bin.

The nearest bus stop to my apartment.
For those who've spent enough time in Korea, I'm sure you see something that you hardly ever see anywhere (answer: the trash bin. They're everywhere! It's wonderful!). This is one thing that reminds me that even though I'm in Korea, I'm not in "Korea."
If you have any questions, leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Talking about trash bins made me think of Peru (I just got back yesterday) and how they had trash and recycling bins everywhere. I've never seen cleaner streets in a third world country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think those (gingerbread) cookies are Swedish! :)

    http://www.annas.se/artikel.asp?strukturId=25

    /H

    ReplyDelete