Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Welcome to Year 2 (Destination: Jeju)

Hello everyone, I'm back in Korea and still teaching for SDALI. This time, I'm in a new place: Jeju Island!
This is now my 3rd day teaching in Jeju (my 5th day on the island) and I'm enjoying it. Yes, I have a few adjustments to make, since things are done differently in every institute, but I'm blessed to be with a patient, helpful, and caring team. There are 3 foreign teachers (myself included) and 13 Korean teachers; so I have a lot of new names to learn (not including my new students)!
I feel a little out of the loop--maybe my 4-month vacation was too long--but everyone has been graciously helping me get adjusted. I can see this will be a much better year than the year before.
1 downside is that I don't have internet in my apartment, so the only time I can use internet is when I'm at the institute. My cell phone isn't working yet either, but I'll get it up and running soon.
Naturally, I took a few pictures and now let me share them with you:
My flag collection.
This is in my room in Florida.
I have 1 flag and keychain for every country I've visited (I'm missing 1 flag for Switzerland, and 2 keychains; 1 for Switzerland and 1 for Korea).
Can you guess which flag belongs to which country?

In a subway in Seoul.
I was curious.

My apartment building in Jeju!--for now.
I've been told I'll be moved to another apartment next month.
(This apartment is about a 10-15 min. walk away from the institute. The new apartment will be about 2 min. away from the institute.)

I'm on the top floor (Floor 3).
My apartment is the one to the right.
I haven't taken pictures inside yet 'cause I don't have it ready for the camera yet.

An elementary school just across the street from my currrent apartment building.

Oh yeah, these rocks are everywhere.

Going on a walk, I came across this tropical outdoor gym.

After I went through that park, this is how it looked behind me.

A statue beside City Hall.
The day before was a national holiday (Independence Day), hence all the Korean flags.

Here's City Hall.
It's one of the busiest bus stops in the city (although you can't really see that here).
Oh, the adventures that await . . .

1 comment:

  1. I've got at least 3 other friends going to teach in Korea next year. I feel like I really need to go visit. (Any round trip tickets to Korea for couple hundred USD? lol)

    ReplyDelete