Friday, July 13, 2012

Greg's Visit (23-24.June'12)

Many apologies for not posting this earlier. Shew, it's been almost a month since these events happened. Sorry again.

Well, in a nut-shell, a friend of mine (Greg) came to visit Jeju for the weekend. We met Saturday evening and he showed me around the resort he was staying in. On Sunday, we went to Jungmun and checked that area out until it was time for him to return to mainland.

My camera was barely working at the time, so I wasn't able to take many pictures. Anywho, let's go to said pictures:


One of the entrances to the resort Greg spent the night in. I don't think he could've been able to stay here if it wasn't for the ridiculous discount he got.


Hamdeok Beach; just a hop, skip, and jump away (or a 3 min. walk).


I'm not a big beach fan, but I really liked this one.


These pictures don't do the beach justice. I apologize to the beach.


Just the contrast of sea, land and their many textures. . .



I couldn't stop taking pictures of this place.


What was my favorite part? Hardly any people!



It's quite shallow for a bit.



The other entrance to the resort, but by night.



Sunday morning found us looking at this train (one of the few working ones on this island) at Yeomiji Botanical Garden (in Jungmun).



This botanical garden has outdoor and indoor exhibits. The indoor is the largest in Asia (I was told).



As you walk in the indoor exhibition hall.



There's the elevator to go up (or you could take the stairs).



One of the lovely flowers I was able to behold.



Another gorgeous flower--with a wonderful scent.
Too bad I don't know its name.



An organized cacti garden.



From the observation at the top. I'm looking at the Nymphs Bridge near Cheonjeyeong Falls.



Another side, this time it's where all the museums and (really fancy) hotels are.



Walking around the outside exhibits, we saw a French garden (or so it was called).



Nymphs Bridge again.
I wanted to get a picture of this before (when I visited last year), but all the trees were in the way (from my angle). Well, as they say, "better late than never!"

No comments:

Post a Comment