Monday, January 28, 2019

Recovered Images from Monday & Tuesday, 14.-15. Jan. 2019

For these two days, I lost all (yes, 100%) of my photos. I could only salvage 5 videos from these two days. 
Then, a wonderful friend reminded me that I sent him 5 pictures on WhatsApp. Hooray! Five photos recovered! All the images were of the Jame Asr Hassanil Mosque just outside of Bandar (Seri Begawan). Seriously, this is one of the most beautiful mosques/buildings I have ever seen in my entire life.

The hall between the men's & women's prayer rooms.

You need to walk through this hall.


I was told it was ok to take my phone/camera. I don't know why, but I wasn't going to ask.

The name in Jawi and Latin script.

The northern entrance

I understand the escalator is exclusively for the sultan?

A Call to Prayer. I recorded this just outside the mosque, yet still on its property.

Monkeys near Kianngeh Market

Wandering through the city, I got to Kianggeh Market. Nearby, I saw a few monkeys.
This video is the evidence of what I saw.
Monkeys caught on camera. Can you see all 3 monkeys?

Kampong Ayer

Back on Sunday, January 13, I had a short tour of Kampong Ayer. I saw the schools, clinics, mosques, police stations, and fire station in this village. I took pictures of them. However, all that remains is the video below.

Clip of my tour through Kampong Ayer


On Tuesday, January 15, I decided to go back and try to walk around a bit in Kampong Ayer.

 A short walkthrough in Kampong Ayer.

At the last home to the right, I bought a huge thing of rice with a spicy chicken drumstick. That chicken was just at my spiciness-limit. Maybe a little over, but not by much.
It only cost $2 (Bruneian), and that filled me up. It was enormous.


A water taxi ride from Kampong Ayer back to the city.

So much else I did, but no footage to share here.

No comments:

Post a Comment