Thursday, February 6, 2020

Jinhae: Jehwangsan Park (제황산공원)

I explored a park I wanted to go to in Jinhae for a while now: Jehwangsan Park (제황산공원)
The first time I knew about it was when I went on the hop-on, hop-off Changwon City Bus Tour. This park was one of the stops. Just looking at the hill and that it had a monorail up, it intrigued me.
Several months later, I finally did go. (Let's cut to the chase, right?)


I took a ride up the park's monorail.
It costs 2,000 Won per adult (about $1.68 USD). Click here for more info.


Map of the top of the hill

That's one way to erase the fingerprints left behind by Japan.

If you know me, then you know where I want to go.
That tower felt like it had more than 4 levels of observatories.



Below are a few snapshots of the views one can see up there:




I like



It is a popular date spot. You'll really see it later.

Another set of stairs, away from Jinhae Tower.

Date spot alert!

I wonder how this looks at night.


Yes, I walked down these stairs. I just wanted to get the feel.
No idea who that woman at the bottom was.


Cars drive up here too. Parking is nearby.

See why you should learn Korean when in Korea?
When there's no wifi nor data, how will you know where to go?

Walking on these trails felt like much-needed therapy.

Seeing the monorail car pass by as I walk down the stairs.


I stopped to watch the monorail pass by. 
I rode it up, now I watch it going up as I'm climbing down the stairs.

These are "the stairs."

Jinhae Station.
This one is not used. At least, it was very much closed when I took this picture.

This small city (actually, it officially is part of Changwon) is charming and has other intriguing things and places to offer. Here is a link to a post I published over 2 years ago of another place I visited in Jinhae: The Changwon Marine Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment