Monday, November 1, 2010

Term Break (Part 2)

The rest of my term break was spent in different ways. On Saturday night, I went to Hazel's apartment (not my religion class student: another Hazel) with Jeewon (1 of my Level 2 students) and Gabe. A mutual friend of Gabe and Hazel (Shawn) was there as well. Gabe and Hazel hosted a Game Night along with supper. Unfortunately, I ate before going: I had completely forgotten about the chicken!
Anywho, we all had a really good time. Thank you again, Hazel and Gabe! Hope you like the pictures!

Gabe, inquiring us of any card games we might know.

Hazel, setting up the table.


The menu: chicken and pizza with orange/grapefruit juice or pepsi (or both).


I know, Shawn . . . decisions, decisions (chicken or pizza? Both?).



Jeewon has gotten to know me quite well.


The rest are from Sunday, 31. Oct.

I did not expect to see a Salvation Army in Korea. Lo and behold!



Dunno what this is called, but it was inviting. It's close to Cheonan Station.



I've come to Cheonan Station (as I took the picture--behind me, across the street) and am taking a picture of where I had come.



Cheonan Station




Map of Chungcheongnam-do




A few tourist sites in the state.



From Cheonan Station, looking out to the street.



The other side of Cheonan Station. This heavily populated with shops (including an underground mall).




Not the kind of architecture I'd expect to find in Korea.
Germany, still: Korea, no.



As I wait for the train to Ssangyong (it was dark and Ssangyong is closer to where I live).





As for today (Monday, Nov. 1), I really didn't do much of anything or go anywhere; just started to prepare for the term--which begins tomorrow.
Okay, so the term break is basically over. This means I need to go to bed early so I can get up somewhat rested at 5:30 tomorrow morning.
Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment