Thursday, September 8, 2011

Party Day (25. Aug.)

My 2nd to last Party Day in SDALI Korea! The end is coming quick!

This was a highlight to my term. Three great classes and several great students, getting together with each of these classes in different settings . . . yay.



Part 1: 7am Level 2 Class


We went to Angel-in-Us Cafe. It was pretty funny to see Thula's class also there. If Fabrice had brought his students, that cafe would've been exclusively SDALI! It wasn't until just before we left that a non-SDALI student/teacher/person entered the cafe.


Hmmm . . . what to get, what to get.




Free, relaxed conversation.




HA! Twin phones!




Random shot.




The "angel" theme is really obvious--even in the lighting.




Part 2: 10am Level 1 Class


We went out to eat at All-That-Barbeque. Great place.

I thought we were only going to stick around for lunch, but we stayed together for a little longer, VERY pleasant change!


Good attention.



Huh? What's going on?





After lunch; some split the bill, others point stuff out.




Moments like these . . .




Yay! Some of us!


We went to Shinsegae (mall/department store) after and spent some time in the bookstore.



Imagine my shock when I saw this!

I wonder if I should get this . . . .




We were looking at globes and were fascinated by a globe floating between 2 magnetic fields. We're trying to figure out how it works . . .




. . . and now we're all trying to put it back together.




Success.




I can't hide my amazement.





Can this really be true?




Part 3: 8pm with Level 3 (Level 5 & 6 were invited to join us as well. Level 5/6 was at 8pm and Level 3 at 9pm; so we combined the two for that night).


Toujours Cafe; the destination of my final party for party day.

1st floor = bakery; 2nd floor = cafe.




Captured (edited) moment





The bakery inside.

I love it.





From the cafe (upstairs).

The different purchases.

Yeah, the biggest one is mine, but I was sharing!

My batteries were acting up on me as well; you can see them on the table, near my tray.




The men (one missing): Sooway and Charlie.




The ladies (2 missing): Sunny, Lynn, and yours truly.


I can't believe Lynn is in Level 6 (the highest level) . . . she was my Level 1 student when I first started teaching almost 1 year ago!





Cell phone, check.

Food, check.

Utensils, check.

Okay . . . let's start eating!



We got our drinks, so let's pass'em around.




Mine is the mug: Citron Tea. Kinda like oranges, but not.



Ah . . . such a good day . . . am looking forward to the next one--which will also be my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment