Thursday, September 8, 2011

Random Excursion (30. Aug.)

Hi, I'm gonna go a little out of order, just because I have more time to upload this post and not the one that goes chronologically after the last one (it's so long, I can't cover it in 1 post).


Some of us (teachers and students) got together for lunch at All-That-Barbeque (again). What else were we gonna do? Originally, we were gonna go to the Independence Hall, but we ended up going to the Buddhist village at Taejo Mountain instead. Still good.



My 2 students enjoying the variety of food.


Ingrid is really attentive.
Fabrice is too close.



Whoa, Justin's look is deadly.




At the entrance to the temple at Taejosan. I was already here once before. Proof? Here you go: http://joanninkorea.blogspot.com/2011/04/taejo-mountain-weekend-pt-1-15-april.html



Hi there, Buddha. It's been a while.




We were offered prayer candles by one of the monks. My students are wanting to show us how it's done. No thanks, you wanna do it, that's your thing . . . but don't expect me to pray to Buddha.



Dunno, just caught a glimpse of a moment.



Oh, this moment is clearer.





Just for scale.

Again, this is the largest sitting Buddha statue in Asia.




Yes Ingrid, he's really that huge.




monochromatic moment . . . with some animation.




What are you telling him?




As we leave, just getting a final glance at the statue.




This is a large pond near 5 universities in Cheonan--1 of my students happens to attend 1 of them. I've always wanted to walk along this area.

Sorry that I didn't take more pictures: I was trying to enjoy the moment as much as possible without having to worry about capturing it.

Call me selfish, but I don't have very many moments left; so let me enjoy them to the fullest--even if that means "no captured moments on (digital) film".




No comments:

Post a Comment