Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Term Break (29. Aug. - 2. Sept.)

For Term Break, I decided to pay an overdue visit to a couple of friends of mine. We've been friends since college and just happen to be teaching in the same country--just at opposite ends of said country. There were others I wanted to see too--like former students--but the main focus were my twin friends.


From Jeju airport, this was where security used to be. No idea what they will do with this empty space now.



This was the line I waited in to check-in. Apparently, none of these people have reservations, but have come to book a flight out that day. This was 2 days after Typhoon Bolaven, if that explains anything.



I had time to kill, so I just started snapping random pics; like this one.



and now, in 한굴 (Korean).



Baggage carts.
Where I'm from, we have to pay about $4 just to use one. Here, they're free!!!



This is how I get to the airport. It's the most economic way. Takes about 20+ minutes to get here from my apartment.



After going through security, I see a token of Korean pride.



I flew Eastar. This was my first time flying with them. I usually fly with T-Way (cheapest). I usually fly with T-Way, but Eastar happened to be the cheapest this time (besides, I was curious to see how Eastar is).
Didn't expect to see cute flying super-heroes in the sky inside the plane. Ever full of surprises.


You can see said cute people just over the windows.



For a closer look.
Gotta give it to them: they've got the creativity to cater to kids.



Clouds from the plane.



Happiness!
I got to meet 1 of my former students from my 1st institute. One of my friends picked me up at the airport and we left together to catch up with this lady. We spent a good 4 or so hours. It was marvelous. Great seeing this lady again.



This tickled me. In Korean letters, it says "ropa usada;" which is Spanish for "used clothes."
Languages can be quite amusing.



Met up with another former student for a little craft shopping in Dongdaemun, lunch nearby, then to this lovely cafe in a mall not too far away.
SWEDISH? Really? I must take a pic!



A little expensive, but I was excited to see writing that wasn't exactly English or Korean. I hope it really is Swedish. Would be disappointing if it wasn't.



Said former student. Her friend took this pic.



Meeting over, down to Cheonggyecheon.



Fountain show.



Man-made waterfall.



a park in the middle of a city.



The end of the Cheonggyecheon. Love this waterfall/fountain.



A little girl enjoying the fountains at Gwanghwamun Square thoroughly.



Admiral Yi Sun Shin towering above the fountains.



King Sejeong the Great



Gyeongbokgung
Still haven't been there yet.



See you later, King Scholar.



Just to remember the name of the place.



Walking around in Myeongdong (major shopping area) I found this place. Could you believe I'd find something authentically Jeju in Seoul?



The sign, just to be sure.



This is what 2 smart phones can do to you, as my friend's husband illustrates.



Off to a cafe-room, we are 5 humans and 1 cute, well-behaved dog.



Hi.



Let's give some attention to this dog, yes?
(and this coming from a cat-person)


Introducing a brand-new kind of work-out for all proud dog-owners.


We had a bit of an adventure after this. We had to run to the subway, run to our connection, run from the station to the airport, so I could check-in on time. Talk about great friends. This also reminded me that I need to exercise again.



Flying back home to Jeju.
Still Eastar, but I only have the sky and not the "cute people." Fine with me.



Still Eastar.


It was good, but tiring. I'm regretting not getting enough rest, but I don't regret going. We'll see when I can go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment