Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Typhoon Bolaven (28.Aug.) . . . the morning after

Hi everyone. Praise God that HE kept HIS ever-protecting hand over me. Nothing happened to me or my apartment.
Around 2am or so, the typhoon was at its peak. The wind was wailing. The windows shook as though they'd break off. I think the apartment even shook a little because of the force of the wind.
I'm not going to lie: I was VERY scared. I prayed as hard as I could; I even prayed in my sleep.
I told God that I had faith HE could protect my apartment and I by not letting any of the windows break. I checked. None broke; they look just as they did before the typhoon. I didn't put up tape or newspapers (didn't have any of either) to protect my windows; yet none were broken. Praise the LORD!

This morning, I went out for a bit to see the damage in my area. These pics are what I saw:

Tiles from my roof ("my" 'cause I live on the top floor).



A tree torn down by the Special Education building just a block down and around the corner from my apartment.



This is to show how much rain we got. This gorge is normally dry. This is the first time I've seen a river here.



another blown tree along the now river.



Just up the river, you find another torn tree. There really weren't that many blown/ripped trees.



Domino effect.



The recently made, raging river.

This is it. The winds of the typhoon were still felt up until around 6pm today. It's now gone. It went north to Seoul, but it wasn't as strong there, Thank God.

Thank you for your prayers. We're ok.
Praise God Almighty!


1 comment: