Monday, August 27, 2012

Typhoon Bolaven (27. Aug.12)

Hi all, this is Joann coming to you live from Typhoon Bolaven that just hit Jeju Island earlier today. This typhoon started in Guam and has been making it's way north since last week. It passed through Okinawa, Japan yesterday. Now, it's passing through Jeju Island. Tomorrow, it will hit the mainland of Korea. It should pass the country by tomorrow night or Wed. morning. I really hope so. Our term break just started and I'm planning on flying up to Seoul on Wed.

Wow, what a way to start off my 3rd term break in Jeju: with my 1st (real) typhoon! They say this is the biggest typhoon that's hit the country in the past decade. Don't know how big it is, but the wind is supposed to be going about 160km/hr with rainfall from 150-500mm. It will cover the entire country tomorrow (just read an article that says it has a 450-km radius).

I ventured as far as to take a few pics from inside my apartment (behind 2 layers of windows--I was brief. I'll try not to do this again until after the storm has left).
I'll just show 2:


This was a little after 18:00. It's not this dark, normally. You can also see the rain on the outer-window.



It's really not pretty.


This is just beginning. It's supposed to hit its climax sometime tonight. Many prayers are welcomed. We'll see how it looks like after. If you're in Korea, please take care and don't go outside. If you're not in Korea, please pray for us.
Thanks.
God bless.

2 comments:

  1. hello, is tembin going to hit jeju this week also? i'm visiting jeju on monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the delayed reply. I just returned to Jeju this afternoon (Sunday). It's fine here--back to normal, I'd say. No worries.^^

    ReplyDelete