Thursday, August 9, 2012

Summer Camp 2012

Please forgive my extreme tardiness. I can give my reasons, but if you've read a few of my posts, then I won't be telling you anything new. So just forgive me, please.

These are pictures from my camera during SDALI's Summer Camp 2012 at YangPyeong English Village.

We start at Jeju International Airport . . . .


Foreign teacher Duke with one of his students (he's from Hawaii).


The girls (minus me)!



Each institute was to come with their own t-shirts. These were the ones for Jeju. At least we're easy to spot!

We arrived at the camp on Thursday night. The other institutes were going to arrive the next day. Friday morning we enjoyed our only relaxing free-time in camp.


Duke explaining how to play "UNO".



You honestly have no idea how intense the game became.



In the auditorium for the opening ceremony.


Go Jeju!


A very important point brought out by the guest speaker, Peter Gregory.


Saturday morning in the auditorium again.


Take two!


Peter Gregory and his interpreter (from Suwon institute)


Jenny and JinSeong made it over from Bucheon!
They came over just to see me. I feel very loved and special.


and so did Michelle and her dog, Peanut, from Guri.
Hi Peanut.


It's the new family all the way from Cheonan!
I love and miss you all!



Yay! Even 1 of my students from Cheonan came over!
I won't thank you anymore.
(I've annoyed this man with how many times I told him "thank you" for coming over).



Ha! Great to see my friends and students merge!



So dramatic.
It was a really hot day.
That cool water on the river felt really good.


Sunday morning and we (Jeju) had to leave before everything was finished. We had an early-afternoon plane to catch.
Hi Stefan from Seo-Cheonan! (met him when I visited Cheonan last term)



Yay, the entire Jeju crew!



My former roommate in SeoCheonan!
Happy times.


Now, I wanted to get a group photo of everyone from my orientation group who's still around, but it didn't work out. So I did the next best thing: get a picture with each of them individually.

Go Canada!


Yay, South Africa!



Let's not forget Australia, ok?


It was good being there and meeting friends and former students again. Now the question is: when will the next one be . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment