Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy Seollal (Korean Lunar New Year) everybody! It's interesting being able to say "Happy New Year" twice in the same year within the 1st two months.
I had something on my mental "Jeju bucket-list." I wanted to travel the perimeter of Jeju, just to see how long it would take to go around it. I did it today. The total commute time? (drum roll, please) 5 hours and 5 minutes.

I didn't take a lot of pictures. Actually, I've posted absolutely all of my pics on this post. I just wanted to take in the road trip I had to make for myself. My only challenge: staying awake. I can easily fall asleep when a vehicle is in motion. Good thing I was in a bus; if I was in a car, I wouldn't have made it past 30 minutes.

Anyway, let me share the little bit I have for you.



This is the route I took to get to the other side of the island (Seogwipo). This route took 2 hours 45 minutes.



This is the route I took back to Jeju city. This route took 2 hours and 20 minutes.



 
Oh yeah, the other routes one can take from the Jeju City Bus Terminal (pt.1)



And the other routes (pt. 2)



If the route names don't help, here's a kind of map. The East Route is the deep red line going round the far right. The West Route is the yellow line going round the far left.

So yeah, I never took any pics outside of the Jeju City Bus Terminal, but hey, I hope this gives an idea of how long it may take.
Sure, I took a break and had lunch, but I was ready the 2nd half. 
Ok, that's done!
Now I can say I've done it . . . in 5 hrs. and 5 min. total.

No comments:

Post a Comment