Monday, February 11, 2013

Walk to airport, then Mexican food (11.Feb.)

Ha! I was able to scratch another item off my "Jeju Bucket-list."
I walked to the airport.
I was never able to do something that crazy before. I figured; the airport isn't that far, I've walked further, I've never done it before, . . . why not? "Let's change that" I always say.

From my apartment to the airport (counting waiting time at street crossings): about 1 hr. 20 mins.


The airport as I'm about to cross the street to enter it.



The overpass/bridges to the departure floor.


A couple of days ago, I saw a flyer for a new Mexican restaurant in Shin (new) Jeju. I saved the number and decided to find it and check it out.

Two calls and a taxi ride later, I arrived.


Boss Tacos




The lunch menu, just to get an idea of what they've got.
Yeah, they've got a typo ("Maxican"?), but English isn't their 1st language. I can forgive them.




The menu and complimentary cinnamon and sugar tortilla chips.



Need to send a fax? Boss Tacos has got you covered.



Humidifier and cards at the bar table.



This is a restaurant, bar, and cafe.
Need anything else?



The table at the far left corner (with the backpack) is my table.
Yeap, that's a computer anyone can use and printer anyone can use. One should pay 100 Won per black-and-white page and 500 Won per color page. Sounds like a deal to me.



The lamps above my head.



My meal.
They call it "Tostada"; I was raised calling it "Taco Salad." Tomae-to, Tomah-to.
It was good. They used actual lettuce instead of cabbage (like in Zapatas) which kept it authentic. The sprouts were new, but I love them so that was fine.
My only complaint is that I believe the portion size is smaller than the value. The food I had was really good, but I wouldn't want to pay 10,000 Won for it. I'd still return for more, but I wouldn't recommend going when you're famished.
They offer lunch specials and other stuff, so I'll see if I can try it and then get a better idea as to their value.
Oh, the owner and another employee speak really decent English.
Shall we try it together sometime?

No comments:

Post a Comment