Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hike up to Sarabong (15. Feb.)

All this time, I thought I had climbed Sarabong. I was wrong. I climbed up the other hill that was right beside it. I don't know the name, but it's right beside Sarabong; can't miss it.
On Feb. 15th, a friend of mine and I climbed up the (real) Sarabong. Here are my pictures from that hike.



Our starting point was at a park on one side of the hill.
The red dot and letters is the location of this sign.



Shall we go up?



Up on the top (wasn't a difficult hike at all, maybe a grand total of 7 minutes or so--slowly) a sign about this place.


Pagoda on top with steep stairs.



The top of the neighboring hill I thought was Sarabong (which I've gone up several times).



Where's the sea? Where's the sky?



Tapdong (through the mist).



What's this historic relic with the exercise equipment?



Ah, thanks for the info.


Marker and relic.




This is something I've seen in just about all parks in Korea. This board explains something about walking on stones and where it can benefit the body by where on the foot the pressure is mostly applied.



Yes, you walk on stones barefoot (or with socks).



Are you willing to try this?
I'm not.



The port, from the other side of Sarabong.



Closer look at the port.



Another map.



Another info board.


Now I've been enlightened that this is the real Sarabong. My apologies for mistaking the other neighboring hill with Sarabong.

No comments:

Post a Comment