Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Last days in Seoul--again (7.-12. March)

Hi everyone. Many apologies for my absence. I've returned to the States and needed a lot of time to recover from my trip and jet-lag. I'll talk about that later. Now I want to talk about my last days in Seoul.
I stayed with a friend of mine near Hoegi Station. I spent my days with friends and former students, as many as possible before I left Korea for good. I didn't take many pictures. I'll share a few of what I did take.


I met one friend and her family at Seoul Forrest. 



We had lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant. This lamp above our heads caught my attention.



I loved the effect from these reflections.



Deer!
(I love deer)



I think the one on the left wants to get out, or is curious, is hungry, or has a bad habit.



This must be the king.



Whoa, check out those horns.



The park with fog/smog blurring the apartments in the distance.



My friend's husband with the stroller, walking by the deer park.



From a botanical museum in Seoul Forrest.



Hello there.



Leafing through a book in a cafe.



Wonderful family (minus 1 member. She was in day-care).



Another day, this was the closest I've ever been to Seoul Tower.
Oh well.



At an Indian/Nepalese restaurant (called Mt. Everest).
Go to the last page of the menu, and you receive this educational treasure.



Last trip back to Cheonan. I needed to meet a former colleague to say good-bye, as well as to cancel my cell phone.
This is a new shopping area in Asan, by the Cheonan-Asan KTX Station. I missed the chance to explore it while I was in Cheonan. Who knew I'd have my chance on this day?




In the subway.
My last ride on the subway in Korea.



Here's the English version of the Korean letters in the previous picture.
I had plenty of time, so I took the 2.5 - 3 hr. subway ride back to Seoul. Even had a short nap too.

Just a short dinner and cafe get-together, then it's off to return to the States . . .

. . . what an odyssey awaited me . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment