Friday, March 1, 2013

Departure Day (from Jeju--1.Mar.'13)

Hello everyone.
I'm sitting in the Jeju International airport. I've got a few hours before I take off. 
It's raining outside. That fits my mood.
I'm melancholic about leaving Jeju--more specifically, the people I've met and spent time with in Jeju. This has been an incredible year. 
I've learned so much in my 12 months on this sub-tropical island off the coast of the Korean peninsula. I also take pleasant memories with me; memories of fun times in and outside of class, as well as all around different parts of the island. 
Just like other times when I had to leave, it's not leaving the place that makes me sad, but leaving behind the wonderful people I've met. I cannot meet them face-to-face ever again--at least, not for a long time.

This is what life is made of. At times we say "Hello" and at other times we say "Good-bye."
Now has come my time to say "good-bye" to Jeju.
At least I'll be in good company until I leave the country and am reunited with my dad again. The people I'll meet after I leave Gimpo airport make this departure easier for me. I've got something wonderful to look forward to. 

Those I'm physically leaving behind, will I take with me in pictures and memories. They will be in my prayers and I know they will be fine. The same GOD who watches and cares for me will do the same for them.
GOD bless the people in Jeju. Know, they are loved and will be missed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joan,

    I just got you blog when I tried to found SDA Church in Korea by searching in google. Last week in 13-19 February, I had travelling with bussiness collegue to Korea. I found SDA Church in Seoul, but unfortunately I can not join sabbth school service because of something.

    Do you know, I touch snow. wowwww... amazing!! this is the first for me going to winter land. I heard Jeju Island is beautiful. I wish one day I can go there. how lucky you are can stay there. hehehehe..

    Happy to read you blog. I am SDA member too. I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. I am so happy if someday you can travelling to Indonesia too. Or teaching here too, why not?

    God Blessed you.

    ReplyDelete