Sunday, September 14, 2014

Japan 3 (8. Sept.)

It's Monday and Greg takes me to school.


He's walking one of his students to the park (within a block away from the school).


Three years old, and she can say what some of the signs mean in English.
*mind blown*


It's a few minutes before class starts, so the kids decide to make me feel welcomed in their own cute way:





"Diamond"





"Diamond" 2




Alright, let's get down to business (but not to defeat the Huns).
*sorry, couldn't resist.


This is a class of 3-yr-olds.
The entire school is run in English (only a few moments of Japanese). Let's say it's like 85% English and 15% Japanese.


Taking attendance.


He's got a program going called, "Weekends with Olaf."
These kids LOVE it!


Off to crafts: making an apple.

The Japanese teacher with the boys.


The girls are having a go as well.


It's lunch time! But before we eat, we must drink!
They have either water or green tea.
Good idea. Not many kids remember to keep themselves hydrated (if any).


Off to the Bento lunch boxes!




I'm sure there's rice under Olaf.





I'm kinda jealous of their lunches.


After school, we went to my friend's spa. Seriously, he goes there every week. After I had my time there, I can see why.
The workers are so nice! Greg (since he's a member) gets a discount. They had some kind of promotion going on, and he was supposed to get a ticket for a free soft drink. He got it and then it was my turn to pay (you pay when you arrive, and again when you leave if you bought anything). I was given the members discount AND a free soft drink coupon! This place is the best! They really know how to treat their loyal customers--and potential future customers as well.


Here's the sign and pictures of their facilities inside.
Of course, men and women are separated and go into their own baths. But there are 2 areas where both genders can be together--and they give separate outfits for each. One is a lounge and the other is a sauna/hot room and a cold room.

Of course, I didn't take any pictures inside, but it was really great. I recommend this to one and to all.
Did I mention these are natural hot springs?


The entrance/exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment