Thursday, October 9, 2014

남이섬/ Nami Island (3.Oct.)

My friend, Tracy, left Korea about 5 months ago. She's back--visiting for a month.
Our friend, Jennifer, decided to surprise her by inviting me along on their plans for Friday, October 3 (Foundation Day--national holiday). I found out about this the evening before. Fortunately, I was waiting on them.

I made it to Gapyeong Station early and kept an eye out for Tracy. A flood of people were coming in from Seoul, so you can imagine my relief when Tracy found me. She shrieked, ran over to me, and gave me the biggest hug I've had in a LONG time. 
Jenny said she and her husband were going to take a while reaching us, so go on ahead and we'd catch up later. So we did.


Across from Gapyeong Station.


The tower to zip-line into Nami Island. It costs less than $40. Still don't know why we didn't go.
There were a TON of people, so that might be related to the reason why we didn't do the zip-line.


Herding the cattle into the ferry that takes us to Nami Island.


Nami Island.


Not happy about how crowded it was. People were pushing all of us.


Just so you'd have an idea of how crowded it was.


Oh, lucky zip-liners.


Welcome to Nami Island.


SOOOOO many people with their "selfie sticks"!


Piles of stones along the coast.




Lovely path.


Black squirrel.


Huts?
We just walked around, we didn't read much or come close to many things.


Bike-cart anyone?


Sky-bike boarding platform.


Sky bike.


World Cup trophies? As fencing?


Lovely area to just sit down on the grass.


Oh, stunning autumn foliage!
Would be better without the people.


Linda, Tracy, and I.


Gazebo on the rocks.


Awkward . . . 










These are not actual balloons, but lanterns that light up at night.
The park closes around 22:30 or so.


The group altogether!


Swan boats and row boats.


Tracy and Linda in their swan boat.


Sick, feverish me in the back of Jenny & JinSeong's swan boat.


Traditional stoves.


Hello!
Can you find your language here?


Leaving into the sunset.


Ugh, out of focus, but still ok.


Very nice place, but I'd rather go during the week. Never again on a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment