Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Random Update (21.Oct.)

So I haven't posted in over 3 weeks.

As I said in the previous post about Nami Island, I had a fever. Praise GOD I got over it by the following weekend--which was an even longer weekend than the one before. I would have wanted to go out and explore another place, but I needed to rest. So I did and all was fine. I did end up going to Seoul that Sunday (12th), though.

Then, that same week I got over my fever, I got a cold. Boy, was I in bad shape on Tuesday. I felt it coming Monday afternoon, but it really hit me hard during the night. I barely made it through teaching on Tuesday. I'm so grateful that the English teacher told me to just take one class and he would take the other two. So I barely made it through that one. I slept in the teachers' office for a while, had lunch, and then I was allowed to go home early. Since then, I've been drinking about 12-14 cups of tea per day and going to bed earlier. I haven't been drinking as much orange juice or eating as many oranges as I could, but this had REALLY helped me A LOT! I'd say I'm about 95% well right now.
Yes, this was exactly a week ago that I got sick, but keep in mind that I get sicker and stay that way longer in Korea than I do in the States.

So praise GOD that I've gotten better, without having to see a doctor or getting drugged up Korean-style.

I really haven't done that much. Below are the few random pictures I've taken between then and now:


밥 버거  ("rice burger") at a new chain in Hoengseong.
Think of it as a rice dish that you can hold in your hand like a burger.
I liked it.



The one day I went to Seoul. This is from Gapyeong Station (갑영역), just across the street from DongSeoul Bus Terminal (동서울버스터미널).


On my way to the Express bus terminal (고속버스터미널), I discovered this express track to the express bus terminal. Quite fitting, right?
If you want to use it, this is Line 9.


Even getting to the terminal was faster than the other/normal way.



This is in Wonju, at the end of the main shopping area in Jungang Shi-jang (중아시장).
This was this past Saturday night (18.Oct.), after a friend and I saw a theatrical performance (in which my doctor-friend performed). Of course, it was in Korean, but the body-language was understandable.


So yeah, that's a basic sum-up of these past 3 weeks.

I'll probably be in Seoul this weekend again, seeing that it's my friend Tracy's last weekend in Korea. Just don't know when I'll leave though . . .

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed looking at pics and reading your travails of traveling (good and bad)! Keep 'em coming. I was touched by the Jeju 4.3 Uprising because I didn't realize your friend had relatives that were massacred. My Korean side had an uncle and great grandfather who were shot point blank. DUKESTER!

    ReplyDelete