Friday, February 1, 2019

Kota Batu Archaeological Park (17. Jan.)

After the "fun" discoveries of the Brunei Museum, I decided to walk back to the city a bit more. Not that I planned to walk all the way back to the city, just that I remembered seeing something interesting on the bus ride up but forgot what it was. I thought if I walked back, I could come across said "something interesting" and check it out.

Mausoleum of Sultan Sharif Ali

I did not go to the mausoleum, but I did go to the sign in the picture below--mostly because it was in a sort of pagoda and I needed some shade from the sun for a few minutes.
From what I read below, he seemed to have been a very interesting sultan.
Info on Sultan Syarif Ali

Kota Batu Archaeological Park

After a moment in the shade, I continued on until I found what caught my attention on the bus ride up: an archaeological park.

Once an archaeologist, always an archaeologist.

Kota Batu Archaeological Park

I should confess I knew/know nothing about ancient Bruneian history. But who says I cannot learn anything here?


Map of the park with other items

Be respectful and read these notices.

Did any of you know any of this?

Let's go up to that platform and look at the ruins below.

Oh, I see.

Left side

Right side

I was in a relatively tight time constraint, so I thought it best to return to the city and get a bus to the last place I wanted to check out: The Empire Hotel.
However, I had to wait about 30-40 minutes for the bus to take me back to the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment