Friday, February 1, 2019

Malay Technology Museum and Brunei Museum (17. Jan.)

For my last day in Brunei, I wanted to check out a few places just outside of the capital. I also wanted to try out their buses. Look at the previous post about my conclusion on Bruneian buses.

First stop: The Malay Technology Museum

To get there, you need to take a "Southern" bus (forgot the number) and TELL THE DRIVER you want to go to "Malay Technology Museum" (or you can try to pronounce the Malay name in the sign on the picture below).

Malay Technology Museum

From the bus stop to the actual museum was a bit of a walk through a residential area (and a sort of security post with a very friendly security guard). Just walk down that road the signs are pointing towards, and in about 10 minutes you'll get to the museum.

Top sign: Malay Technology Museum
Bottom sign: Brunei Darussalam Maritime Museum (actually didn't go)

"Blooming" Mangosteen?

Malay Technology Museum
Info



Sign

Ah, ok

Why was this the only picture I took inside the museum?
Ah yes, because I was on a WhatsApp voice/video call with a special friend. We switched to video call, and I showed him the exhibits and what was around. The thought of taking pictures of the displays had utterly left my mind. Whoops.

Brunei Museum

There were a few more museums along the road, so I decided to walk to them. I thought the Brunei Museum would be a great place to learn more about Brunei as a country.

 Well...
The Brunei Museum
I arrived at the museum, but I noticed it was a little too quiet (even for a museum).

Cool
The security guard came up later to inform me that this museum had been closed for about 2 years. The government hadn't decided whether to renovate or tear down the building and rebuild it to better standards.
Well, so much for that.

Not cool

No comments:

Post a Comment