Friday, February 1, 2019

Leaving Brunei (18. Jan. '19)

The day to leave Brunei had arrived. I felt sad to go, but at the same time, ready.
My hostess dropped me off at the nearest bus stop, and I got one to Bandar for the last time. I wanted to get some breakfast at the bus terminal (they have some very delicious dishes for just BND 1 each). However, knowing the Bruneian bus system, I didn't want to take any chances of not getting to the airport (on time). That, and a bus heading to the airport was at the terminal and about to leave. I consolidated myself by remembering there is a Jollibee at the airport. I've never been to one (nor seen one) until I arrived in Brunei. I've wanted to try it and now was my chance.

Taking the bus, I returned to Brunei International Airport after a mere 20-minute bus ride (about 4 hours before my flight was scheduled to leave). There was no reason for me to get paranoid. I guess I did have time for the cheap breakfast after all.

For those who don't know, Jollibee is kinda like the Filipino KFC.

My 1st Jollibee Experience

A bit of Jollibee's menu

My order. That gravy is wonderful.

Welcome to Jollibee!

Islamic Architecture Exhibition at the Brunei Airport

There was an exhibition on Islamic architecture in Arrivals. Again, I had about 1-2 hours before my check-in counter opened, so why not take a look around?

Oh, this wasn't here when I arrived.

Ah, I think I missed this one.

The most beautiful mosque I've ever set foot in.

It's worth learning about.

The bridge I went under on my way to Temburong.

This seriously is a beautiful and clean airport.

Where I took a break from the sun

There's so much here.

The shopping mall

Now I know what "60" looks like in Arabic numbers.

Brunei International Airport--1 last look

The Arrivals floor (again)

You can't get lost here, but just in case.

Simple, yet effective.
(Sorry for the blur)
I'm not sure if you can see, much less tell, but on the top left corner of the post office window, you can look at the portraits of the sultan and his wife on the back wall. Every single establishment has their pictures. Since I'm from a country that doesn't have ruling royalty, maybe that's why I don't understand why this is done.


Alright, time to go through security and find my gate. Neither were difficult in the least.
I had some more time to wait because my flight to Singapore was delayed. Let's explore the departures area.

I had no idea this was here!
I just looked it up. You can click here to find more information (like the prices).


What?! They have showers?! Yes, they do.
I went inside and saw them for myself.
See the stairs? Those stairs lead up to the departure gates floor. Basically, this is the basement. It didn't seem noisy down there to me.

Hmm, I wish I knew about this, then I may have gotten the direct flight from Korea, which lands in Brunei Airport at 3 am.
Goodbye, Brunei.
Onwards to Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment