Monday, September 9, 2019

Along Odori Park

Odori Park: the central point of Sapporo.

It's so interesting how this park is Sapporo's "equator." What do I mean by that? All the streets north of Odori Park are simply known as "North #" (# depends on how many blocks it is away from Odori park). Same goes for all the streets to the south. You could almost confuse addresses with coordinates (my hostel was at city block "South 3 West 8").

The eastern point of Odori Park: Sapporo TV Tower

Odori Park from Sapporo TV Tower

Wanna learn what it's like to be a ninja? Click here!

Why are there so many ravens/crows here?
Does Sapporo love Edgar Allen Poe?

The most unafraid pigeon I met.

Looking back at the tower, 2 or 3 blocks away.

The scariest horse robot I've ever seen.

The tiniest pony I've ever seen.
Not so soft, but pleasant to touch.


A horse that doesn't even come up to waist; who knew?

Apparently, it was Octoberfest season. This was 1 of 4 I walked through.
Deutsch! Es gibt hier Deutsch! (German! There's German here!)


Panorama of the last block (12th) before the end.

Looking straight at Sapporo City Archive Museum.

My meal at Mos Burger, just a block south of Sapporo City Archive Museum.


Here is a video slideshow of my photos and videos from Odori Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment