Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Little Excursion

I took a few more pictures of a few things on campus and of a trip a group of us went on with a former Southern student, who's been in Korea for about 2 years. This excursion was on thursday, Aug. 19.

Here's the ABC (Adventist Book Center)

Directions on how to get to the hospital, either by foot or if you need parking.



An animated subway in Seoul.


Coming out of the subway and onto the street, we walked a little further and behold what we saw to our right!
In the middle of the city, an ancient monument called Namdaemun or Sungnyemun (I believe "Sungnyemun" is the more popular name). This city gate has been around since the 14th century, although it had a fire back in 2008 and is undergoing reconstruction.



Thank you Natalie for taking this picture!
Sheesh, can I not look any more so like a tourist?




It just caught my attention, how something ancient can be in the midst of so much modernity.




The renovated Cheonggyecheon Stream that goes for about 6km (3.73 miles) in the middle of the city. I was going to say it's in the middle of a shopping district, but the entire city feels like a shopping district.




I really like it . . . kinda like a "natural" (which is the opposite of what it is) oasis in the middle of a mega-city.



Some of the architecture along the stream.




Under one of the bridges cars drive over.



Oooooo . . . fountains!




I like water.



Very interesting place.



The 2nd floor of a Burger King some of us stopped to eat in. Really nice and clean!


On our way back, I realized I didn't take a picture of the metro-map of Seoul. Dense, huh?



Well, at least here we've got the map of the individual line.


This is the nicest subway train system I've ever ridden in (sorry Vienna).



Even the signs announcing the approaching stops are in Korean and English.



It's kinda blurry, but this is a wedding chapel. I understand it is a popular wedding chapel, but I thought it looked quite interesting at night with its lights.


I must say, this city has a lot! I'm not sure I'll be able to see all of it even if I stay here for the entire year and only travel throughout Seoul on my breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment