Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ok, now that I'm rested . . .

Let me share with you a little bit about Orientation (Day 1).
We were gone pretty much all day. First, after breakfast and worship, we filled out the forms so we would have a bank account in Korea. Next, it was lunch. Afterwards, an exhaustively complete physical at the Adventist hospital, just facing the language school. We had everything done (urine sample, blood sample, chest x-ray, dental check, eye exam, even our chests were measured). A little bit of free time before supper and cleaning up the kitchen afterwards (we're divided into 3 groups and I was part of the 1st group). And now, I am here sharing my pictures with you.

A very good place to start the day.

A side view of the church.



The Language Institute (please excuse the banner in front of it).



Behold, the entrance to the Language Institute.



Part of the hospital. The last part of the name made me worry a little . . .




This was in the hospital. It made me laugh. The Men's bathroom sign says the same thing too.





Most of the Hospital complex.






What is it? No idea, I just like the picture.







The offices are in the huge building and the language school is in the smaller building.





The other front-side of the church had this.




The map. I'll figure it out later.



The ladies' residence (for the moment): the Guesthouse.



Some of supper.





and drinks. The Green bottle is aloe vera. It's not bad.


On the schedule for tomorrow, we're gonna get a crash course on Korean culture and learn a few words. I really can't wait for it; I am anxious to learn some Korean. I need to be able to get around on my own!

1 comment:

  1. Sieht ja schön aus! Die "Toilet-Woman" war lustig, haha :) ûbrigens; das SDA- Logotype erinnert mich an das Nike -logo, nur umgekehrt und ein bisschen verändert... :P
    Veil Spass beim Koreanischlernen Morgen!
    /H

    ReplyDelete