Thursday, August 26, 2010

One Major Excursion


On Sunday, Aug. 22, we "orientees" were taken on a small cultural excursion. Let me guide you through by using the pictures I took . . .




Where our excursion began, the closest subway station.





Can you figure out the times?





1 really cool-looking temple we passed by. I couldn't hear what it was for or the history behind it . . . blast.



A really cool-looking modern building.




Along the Cheonggyecheon Stream again.





At one end, where I understand a waterfall starts the stream . . .






. . . good place to cool off on a hot day.







Like I've mentioned before (maybe not necessarily on this blog), I like architecture.




But I also love water.





So inviting on a hot day . . .




I'd love to go behind.





Something about the G20 Seoul Summit.




Same plaza, only a bunch of people playing (what I understood) something similar to Chess. Sounds intelligent.




These people really do know how to cool off!




A random building made up of pictures of individuals, side-by-side.





I'm assuming a gate.





Who wants to hit the drum?





The patient guards and tourists.




If only I could read Chinese (trust me, this isn't Korean).




I may be bigger, but he's armed!





At least the ceiling is pretty.

(Thank you Hetani, for taking the picture!)





This sculpture is exactly how you see it. The only editing feature I did was to apply the spotlight--that's it. This sculpture of a family, honestly, hurt my eyes . . . but it's still highly interesting!




Just thought this was a good picture.




Our main destination: A traditional Korean theater showing a popular, classic Korean story.




Let's go down the steps and enter, shall we?






Well, we have to wait a bit, so in the meantime . . . we get to play dress-up! I was one of the 1st to try a costume on, and 1 of the last to take it off (we just wore the costume over our clothes)! It was soooo much fun!





I even got a crown! Although, I did the bow wrong . . . oh well.




A group of ladies.




Check out the length/size! Although, I think the dress was supposed to touch the ground . . .










Three ladies of royalty.





A queen with country aristocracy (?)







The golden emperor and I

(shew, one of the few men in this country who's taller than me! Then again, he is Australian . . . )








One side of the closet of costumes. A large Korean group entered, so picture-taking became a bit more difficult.



The experience was worth every single won of it!

(that's about $5)



Walking back to the gate where we took pictures with the guards. This was at the other side of the street.



Back to the Cheonggyecheon Stream on our way back.



People still chillin'.




Afterwards, we went out to Subway for supper. We sat on the 2nd floor. I had a window-seat/booth. Check out the view. A group of us ate at the Redmango just across the street on Friday (the 20th).

Afterwards, we went to an underground bookstore, right at the subway station in front of the Subway in which we ate. I bought a Korean phrasebook. Hopefully I'll learn some Korean. I need to get serious about that.


That's pretty much it. It was a lot of walking but it was great and absolutely worth it.


Oh, by the way, just want to thank everyone who took pictures of me with my camera (honestly can't remember who took what, but I know some who did were Hetani, Bryan, Arron, and James). If I forgot you, I'm really sorry and please tell me so I can update this and give credit to whom credit is due. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment