Thursday, February 17, 2011

6 Months

I am sitting in the Foreign Teacher's Staff room, doing a few errands and stuff as I'm waiting for 10 am to come around (my religion class) when I get a revelation: exactly 6 months ago today (Aug. 17, 2010), I arrived in Korea.




whoa.




So much has happened . . .




I met people from Australia, South Africa, Canada, and the States who have come to teach English and enjoyed being tourists with them in Seoul.




I was reunited with old friends from Southern (we haven't seen each other for 3 years before I arrived to Korea).




I became introduced to the teaching profession--and started liking it.




I've given presentations/sermonettes/activities for Vespers and Sabbath morning clubs.




I given the Children's Story at least 6 times.




I've had great students. They are my motivation for going to work, even when I don't want to get out of bed at 5:30 am.




Several current and former students have invited me to various activities and places with them.




I've shared my faith with my students; told them about some of my past struggles and tragedies and how God has and still is with me, helping me--and can do the same for them, if they want Him to.




I've travelled a little to visit friends and travelled on Institute/Church related trips.




I've experienced many new things--some that can only be experienced in Korea.




I am slowly learning Korean. I can read Korean (still no idea what I'm reading) and I know a few words. I am also beginning to understand the grammer.




Thanks to a former student--and her friend--I am now receiving Korean lessons.








At first, I was not interested in Asia at all--except the Middle East and former-USSR. Now, I am fascinated by Korea and want to learn all I can about the culture and explore all I can before my time in Korea is over.








Above all else, my prayer life has bloomed. It's not where it should be, but it is better than it was before.








This will be very neccessary in the next 6 months: especially now that I've been told . . .




The current coordinator will be leaving . . . and the new coordinator will be . . .




me.



. . .



. . .






. . . God, if I ever needed You, Lord, it's now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment