Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dad's Wedding (25. Sept. 2011)

Yeap, my dad got remarried.

The lucky lady is a girl he grew up with when they were in Cuba. They were best friends and became boyfriend-and-girlfriend. When dad got his chance to come to the States, he promised her he'd find a way for her to come too . . . but he never did.

Fast-forward to 2010. Dad just became a widower. Around December, he found out through family and friends from Cuba (who are now in Orlando) that Olga (the girl) is in the States. She just arrived on October 19 that same year. She got married, had a son, and now has a 7-yr. old grandson--and is divorced. Dad felt nervous about seeing her again, especially after his broken promise. When they saw each other, it was as though nothing happened (she obviously forgave him) and they were able to pick up where they left off.

So, when I called Dad (or he called me), he told me about Olga. She sounded like a great person and dad confessed that he wanted to marry her. I basically encouraged him to do so. It's not good for dad to be alone and I trust him. If he's okay, I'm okay.

The wedding date was 25. Sept. I was very doubtful about my chances of attending. Praise God, I was able to go, meet Olga, her family and a few friends, and attend their wedding.


Off to the pictures from the journey to the actual wedding:


At Incheon airport (the main international airport--just outside of Seoul--in Korea).



If you want to call someone at a different time zone, you can try so here; and they have the current time in said places.



Just in case you were wondering if the water was safe to drink.




A cultural stage for any/all performances they have every hour or so.

They've got a fusion of traditional and modern dances/performances.

Ever in the entertainment business.




I was hungry and wanted to eat something Korean before I went back to the States.




Did you expect me to leave anything behind?




You know me and fountains.




See you later, Korea! I'll be back in a few days!




Hello, San Franscisco. If you want to be sure, the Golden Gate Bridge is just under that cloud over the water.




In my step-brother's home. Not sure who made this, but it was a brilliant idea.




The next morning, everyone is in the kitchen.




Just before lunch . . . Dad, my new nephew, and my new step-brother.




Our lunch.

Homemade Cuban food . . . Heaven has come to us on Earth.




The couple.




That afternoon at a park.




Early evening, my brother and I rehearsing the song I was going to sing (and he play) for our parent's wedding.




He decided to ride his motorcycle. He loves it.




We arrived at a friend's house for supper.




Of course, in honor of the special pair.
















Olga letting dad borrow some of hair.




Wedding day: Dad is present and ready.





The setting of the wedding.

This is inside a very wealthy family's home, who offered their home for the special occasion.

We are very grateful.




The Mrs. helping with the refreshments.




From the front, looking towards the audience.




The unity candles, in front of the front door.




The cake.




The refreshments, all ready.




What are you thinking, dad?




Posing beside the piano for the picture.

When I sang, it was something like this, but Joel (my brother) was at the piano.




A nice wall decoration.




The wedding planner and her family.




Dad and the pastor (cousin Manolo) waiting for the ceremony to begin.




Now a close up of both.




As Dad sees Olga walking down the aisle.




Joel, walking his mother down the aisle.




Joel handing his mother over to dad.




Opening prayer.




Manolo . . . made everyone laugh.




. . . well, almost everyone.



My nephew, and part of my arm.




Golden moments.




Paying attention now?




Let's light the one candle, shall we?




The vows.




Prayer for blessed marriage.




Yeap, now you can kiss the bride!




The bride's bouquet.




Signing the legal documents.




Manolo, don't upset the bride!




Ok Groom/Dad, your turn to sign.




Manolo: "You do know what you're signing, right?"




Pastor is checking to see if all's well and in order.




The toast (with grape juice, relax).




Now, off to the cake!




Cut the cake!




Feed each other . . .




. . . and smear each other.




First fight as a married couple.




Now to clean each other off.




The newly-weds.




A close-up of a flower in the backyard.




Now in natural state.




Behind the house my parents got married.



Unfortunately, the reception had to be rushed. My flight back to Korea left early that evening. The timing was so tight, I almost missed my flight back. Thank God I didn't.

So yes, dad is married again and to a great lady. I thank God for being the perfect Match-Maker. His way is always the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment