Monday, October 10, 2011

Exploring Asan (3. Sept.)

For some reason unknown to me, Blogger.com was acting very strange today. I would try to upload pictures only to have some loaded--and multiple times. Needless to say, the uploading pictures process was much slower today. Also, not all of my pictures are in chronological order. Because of said technological problem, I just uploaded as close to the true order as possible. Anyway, I hope you enjoy my pictures.




These were taken in Cheonan, just near the Cheonan-Asan KTX station.



At the park in front of the entrance. It's not completed yet, but it's gonna look really nice.




Shaded/sheltered benches.





Some of the green.




Some more green . . . the kind that's rarely found in cities.




Up the stairs to the entrance.





From the top of the stairs, looking back to where I just came from.





The shaded benches on the other side of the stairs.




From now on, the pictures are taken from Asan-side of the KTX station.




My humble attempt in stitching several pictures together to make a panoramic shot. It doesn't do the actual sight justice.




Looking back at the Cheonan-Asan KTX station, from the Asan-side exit/entrance.




1 set of stairs one can go down.




Going down, looking back at the KTX station.




Ooooo . . . interesting structure sighted.





Something like "Peace on Earth" kind of idea.





Great photo opportunities are made here.




I had to lie down completely on the ground to get this shot.





Another angle.





From the structure, looking back at the KTX station.




Finding myself in the structure.




An inclined spiral way up to the pedestrian bridge.




Whoa, I had no idea this existed here!





If it wasn't for the buildings, I'd forget I was in Korea.




On the pedestrian bridge.





You know how I feel about bridges.





I couldn't keep it in anymore. I love bridges and this was a windy day . . . Absolutely perfect!





In this wind, I'm really enjoying my new straight hair.



Such a gorgeous day!



Lots of fun with my hair and the wind.





Okay, these are the last of the self-shots.



Back to the bridge.




I can't believe this was at the other side of the station this entire time!





The pedestrian bridge



Let's go down to these docks.




A place to reflect.





Can I live here, please?!





More reflections





Further up, this is who you can cross the creek.





That's the subway train. In about 2 hours you can get to Seoul.




Another way to cross the street. I prefer this way, personally.




What a view.





Can you feel the peace of this place?





Dunno what kind, but I can admire it from a distance.




Okay, here I can drive.




A non-functioning fountain . . . at the moment.




1 of 3 paths to take back to Cheonan-Asan KTX station/Asan train and subway station.





This was also fun.





Other fun activities one can get into.



Don't stare for too long.





This maze moves, so you can make the ball get to the other side or in the circle in the middle . . . whatever your goal is.




Walking under the KTX rails.

Ah, depth of field.





Just in case you prefer color.





I can't get enough of this architecture.




I stood in the middle of the street to get this shot.

Fortunately, there were hardly any cars on the road.













Ah, there goes the subway train again.




Map to Asan station.




Sheltered benches.



Wow, I couldn't believe all this nature was just on the other side of a train station.

In this case, the grass is greener on the other side!

1 comment: