Friday, November 25, 2011

The day I left (8. November, 2011)

The dreaded day has come.


After 14.5 months in Korea, the time has come to leave.


I didn't want to go.


Sure, seeing dad again would be wonderful, but it seemed so far away at that moment.


I'm surrounded by wonderful people, and they're making this moment harder than ever.


I would've spent more time with them . . . that was my plan; but then there was an emergency and I had to substitute as a full-time teacher. At least I earned some extra cash, but my plans to relax with my students/friends had to be dashed. Oh well, there's a reason why.





Let me take you to the Cheonan City Bus Terminal, where I waited for the bus that would take me to Incheon International Airport, and back to the States . . . away from here . . .




Our last group picture.

I was doing everything I could to not cry. It was extremely difficult.




A penny for your thoughts, gentlemen?



I caught 1 in thought, whereas the other saw me.








As soon as the bus rolled away and they were hidden from sight, the tears burst out. I couldn't hold them any more. I cried bitterly, but silently. I'm so grateful the bus was almost empty and I was alone in the back, far from everyone else.





Traditional musicians. A nice distraction.



The lantern and colors caught my eye, just before I went to my gate.






This is it.


The moment has come.


I boarded the plane.


I found my seat and buckled my seatbelt.


I started looking through the magazines, trying to think about anything but what was happening.


I would've cried again when the plane took off, but there were more people around. I let a few tears escape.




Lunch.

Choice: Western or Korean?

Naturally, I'd order Korean. Let me have 1 last taste of Korea before returning to a place where it would be difficult for me to find Korean food.





This is it.


Back to the States.


Now I'm looking forward to seeing dad again . . .

. . . and getting internet to communicate back to Korea.





I must return to Korea . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment