Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Chuseok Holiday Tour__Day 4 (3.Oct.)

Chuseok is over, but now it's National Foundation Day. Another holiday! Also, the last day before we have to go back and start teaching again.
I must seize this day too.
I've thought about it and I decided to carry it out: Jusangjeollidae (a group of lava columns along the southern shore of Jungmun).



First, I go to the International Convention Center (ICC) in Jungmun. They just held the World Conservation Congress here a couple of weeks ago.



Look at what you can get.
Don't know about Kraze Burger, but I do know I can find the others in the States.



Just to get an idea about this place.



Just behind the ICC, I see this sign.
Bingo, exactly what I was looking for (Being able to read is advantageous, don't you agree?)



A view of the major tourist area of Jungmun.



Don't know what it is (didn't see a sign), but it definitely caught my attention.



a closer look.



My goal.



Forest of palm trees.



Jusangjeollidae (part of it).



Is it just me or does this look like a head?



Lava columns



Some info about the formation of columnar joints.
In Korean, English, Japanese, and Chinese.



Don't have any information about it, but these jet rides must be fun.



More lava columns.


There are quite a few here.



More info.



Money?









Want to know how far some of these places are?



Seoul, obviously the nearest.



Wanna ride a dolphin?



How about a Tae-oo? This is Jeju's traditional boat.



That's one big mother of a sea shell.



Where it all started (ICC)



The Museum of Africa
Random? You bet. I haven't visited yet. I'd like to, but I can't help but wonder how accurate it is. . .



The holiday is over. Back to the institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment