Thursday, June 14, 2018

Ngong Ping 360 [Crystal Cabin Cable Car] (21. May)

It's the second day and I'm already to a better start: I woke up at 7:15 (as opposed to 6:15). Yay for an extra hour!

Seeing the houses/Discovery Bay properties from this balcony.

Just look at that sky. I couldn't get enough of this view.

On this day, I went to Ngong Ping 360 to go up the cable car up to Ngong Ping Village.

That sentence didn't sound exciting.

Let me explain:

Ngong Ping 360 has cable cars that travel between Tung Chung and Ngong Ping Village (where Tian Tan Buddha is--one of the largest sitting Buddhas in the world). Ngong Ping cable cars run on a bi-cable ropeway--and at 5.7 km, it's the longest in Asia

Did I mention you could get a cable car with a glass floor?

Can you start to imagine what a great experience this is?


Crossing the water to climb up the hills.

Even I couldn't resist a selfie.

The car was crowded, so I needed to adapt.


Between land and sea. 


Thanks, Debbie, for the photos!

We're moving on up, to the East side!

"Stepping" on land.

View of Hong Kong's international airport--from the cable car!

I dare you to tell me this view isn't worth it.

After clearing the 1st hill.

Lantau Trail just under the cable cars.

"Walking" on the Lantau Trail.

Can you see the Tian Tan Buddha?


Whoa, a tunnel bridge just off the coast! Where's it go?

Closer view of Tian Tan Buddha.

That square is the cable car's shadow.

I'm so glad I took this ride--and even more glad I booked in advance. The non-reservation line was over 100 people long. The line for those who booked in advance was maybe 7 people long. "Whew!" Thanks, Klook!

Next post will be about what I did and saw up at Ngong Ping Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment