Thursday, June 14, 2018

Hong Kong Observation Wheel (21. May)

This evening, an opportunity opened to me, and I took it with minimal hesitation.

I went on the Hong Kong Observation Wheel.

Before this time, I've been on a Ferris wheel only twice--and both times were in Japan (Kagoshima Nagasaki). Last time I was in Hong Kong, this wheel was closed. As I was making my way to the ferry (that'd take me back to Discovery Bay), I saw the observation wheel. This time, I noticed it was running. 

I was leaving in the morning. If I wanted to go, it was now or never. I had to check out the price, and that would determine if I'd buy a ticket.

It was HKD 20. I got in line.

I was happy.

That blue light was other-worldly.

Cirque du Soleil was in town! Too bad I just found out.

You noticed I like lines, right?

Victoria Harbour from the Observatory Wheel. Sorry for the lacking quality.

Looking towards Hong Kong Island.

Looking towards Victoria Harbour.

Vertical panorama attempt.

This was the best I could do. Sorry.

After getting off.

This thing is huge.

Like, really huge.

One really cool thing about this wheel: we got to ride it 3 times before we had to get off--and there was a pretty long line too!
Question: is this normal? The 2 previous wheels I've ridden only made 1 revolution. This one made 3. Was this one very generous or were the other ones very not generous?

No comments:

Post a Comment