Thursday, June 14, 2018

Wandering the Premises and the Ride Back Down (21. May)

I dared to venture out a bit--but not too far.

I came to the Wisdom Path and followed a trail that went beyond it.

I came to an excellent observatory point and decided to turn back, before going out too far.

Said observatory point

Wisdom Path with explanation plaque--in Chinese.

Po Lin Monastery

Oh, there's a "no-photo" sign by the door. Whoops.

vertical panorama of the outer ceiling.

It doesn't matter whether in Korea or out, I can't get enough of these colors and designs.

A panorama taken between 2 temples.


Dragon pillars, one after another.


All the eyes on and around this guy are freaky.

Lotus chandelier

How cool is this ceiling? Right after this, I saw a "no-photo" sign.
To my credit, I entered through the back door. There were signs to not enter with an umbrella or raincoat, but the signs said nothing of not taking pictures inside. Only when I was inside, did I see one--and even then it was only visible for those who entered through the front.

The front of Po Lin Monastery

A line of Chinese lanterns. 


Can you imagine how intense the incense was?

Looking straight to Buddha through this platform.

A guardian you want to respect.

Pai Lau--from an angle

Looking back to Ngong Ping Piazza, heading to Ngong Ping Village.
With my roundtrip cable car ride in a crystal cabin, I also got a free meal voucher. I had about four places to choose from and a very selected menu from each. I ended up going to the kebab place.

Kebab place regular menu.

My dinner choice. I was not disappointed in the least.

Time to go back down.

View with the airport.

If you ever get an opportunity to go to Hong Kong, you'll do yourself a nasty disservice if you don't go on this cable car ride. You don't have to be Buddhist to enjoy views and sights like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment