Thursday, June 14, 2018

Tian Tan Buddha (21. May)

Off the cable car, I walked and talked with a fellow solo-traveler (who took my pictures in the previous post). We parted ways, and I started looking around on my own.

There he is, Tian Tan Buddha.

I was in for a surprise: cows are roaming the area.
Perhaps if I had researched the area, I would've been informed about them. Well...
But I had another surprise: the cows (or this one I saw) was potty-trained! He was standing on the brick/tiled ground. Then he moved over to a tree with some grass and started urinating there. How well-mannered.

The potty-trained cow.

A better angle of said cow.

There were more, and they were quite tame. People petted them--I touched one too, lovely soft leather--and they didn't stir or make a fuss. It just stood there calmly. Much appreciated.


More of the premises--with a cow.

Oh, that looks cool. All decked out for Buddha's birthday the next day.

The staircase up to Buddha behind me.

This was as close as I got.

With my plantar fasciitis, there was no way I was going to go up there. The foot of the stairs was as close as I got.

That looks majestic.

No comments:

Post a Comment