Tuesday, August 28, 2018

About my summer vacation 2018...

Well, I'm back in Korea, almost ready to start teaching again--ok, not really, but gotta face it.

I left Korea for my summer vacation. Where did I go?

SOUTH AFRICA!!!

If you are like most people I know, you're asking, "WHY? (?!?!?!)"

Short answer: "Why not?"

Long answer: I've met more South Africans than any other nationality amongst the expat community here in Korea (South Africa represent!). They've peaked my curiosity to check out their breathtakingly beautiful country. Considering the South African Rand is not the strongest currency, my buying power was much stronger there--a definite plus. I needed to replace some toiletries and clothes, and I knew I would find things that fit me well over there. One last thing: I don't plan to stay in Korea forever. Wherever I go post-Korea, I'll probably earn less than I do here in Korea. Hence, now is the time to go, taking advantage of being able to spend without worrying (too much).

I do not regret my decision.
I do regret, however, that I only had 2 weeks. I'd say South Africa deserves a good month. Cape Town alone deserves 2 weeks to do everything(-ish) they provide!

Get ready, this will be a very long series dedicated to South Africa. There are soooo many pictures and stories to share...

Let's do this.

2 comments:

  1. Just wondering where are the photos of your trip to South Africa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duke, give me time. I'm still jet-lagged and exhausted. I promise they're coming.
    Besides, my phone's camera didn't work my first 2 days there... But the pictures are coming!

    ReplyDelete