Friday, August 31, 2018

Sightseeing Cape Town Bus Tour, Day 2: Table Mountain (15. Aug.)

Yay, my camera works today! Let's go around and take pictures!
I planned to go up Table Mountian today but wanted to check out a few other places quickly first.

Welcome to Groot Constantia, the oldest wine farm in South Africa.

Just to make one thing clear: I don't drink (alcohol). At all. I did not try any of the wines (blasphemy for some, I know. Tough.). I just wanted to see the landscape.
Granted, this was winter, so the vineyards didn't look that great. But even in its winter state, the place was beautiful.


A short, low-quality video to give an idea of the scale of Groot Constantia's entrance (not even close to the entire estate).

Mariner's Wharf at Hout Bay

 Table Mountain

Alright, after making the round on the Blue Route, I returned to the Red Route and got off at Table Mountain.

Pretty self-explanatory

The lines for those with and without tickets.

The view of Cape Town from the line to go up the cable car
Behold, the cable car.



I'll do the rest in video format. There are just too many pictures.


Ah, I almost forgot my lunch!
I've heard of a dish called "Bunny Chow." Don't worry, there are no bunnies in this meal. Basically, it's half a loaf of bread, hollowed out, and filled with curry.
I found a place that serves it ("Mariam's Kitchen") and ate it. Not as "wow" as I expected, but definitely worth trying.
I understand this is a Durban dish, but perhaps I should have eaten it in another Cape Town venue? Suggestions, please? I seriously am considering returning to South Africa, just no idea when.

Bunny Chow (with chicken curry)

Bunny Chow uncovered (they have vegetarian curry too)


Between Hout Bay and Mouille Point

There are many pictures for this one too, but not as much as from Table Mountain. Below is the video.


What do you think? Do you prefer the video/photo slideshow or the list of photos?
Seriously, I want to know.
I'm not kidding.
Really, which do you prefer?
I really want to know.
Comment down below.
Seriously.
Now.
Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment