Friday, August 31, 2018

Sightseeing Cape Town Bus Tour, Day 1

Unfortunately, my camera didn't work at all this day.
The good thing is that it did start working the day after, all the way through to the end of my trip. So the pictures in this post are from later on in the week.

On this day (August 14th), I took the Sightseeing Cape Town Bus to take a look at what Cape Town had to offer. There are different tickets you can choose. I chose the deluxe package. With said package, I could ride the bus as often as I wanted, get off and on at any of their stops (on all 3 bus routes) for 3 days. I thought it was a good deal.

On the bus, looking at the one behind.

From the back, looking towards the front.

Front looking back (on the Wine Route)


See your language?

From the side (at Table Mountain)

Besides riding around through the city, I entered a few museums too. Namely, I went to the Slave Lodge, the South African Jewish Museum, and the Cape Town Holocaust Centre (the Jewish museum and Holocaust center are beside each other). I completely lost track of time in the Holocaust Centre. I realized that when I was told the center was now closing. I was so close to the end! No worries, I returned Thursday and finished the exhibition (as well as took the following pictures).

"Gardens Community Centre" is the entrance.

Just to the left of the Holocaust Centre

Below are a few random snaps taken around the city.


Heading towards the convention center

Half-way up Long Street

Mama Africa restaurant. Didn't go in, but I've heard of it.

The most patriotic building I've ever seen in South Africa.

The baked Shakshuka at Jason Bakery (excellent!)

The circular plugs in a triangle (right) make the South African plug.

I'm not sure if my hostel was unique or not, but I've never seen this way of opening and closing windows before.

No comments:

Post a Comment