Friday, August 31, 2018

Sightseeing Cape Town Bus Tour, Day 3: World of Birds (16. Aug.)

For my last day on the sightseeing bus, I decided to take the free canal cruise (you can get a free canal or harbor cruise with your premium or deluxe package. I already went out on the harbor, so I decided to take the canal cruise).
After that, I wanted to take on the mammoth of sandwiches, known as "The Gatsby."
Next, I went to the District Six Museum. I could've had a guided tour, but I missed it and was on too much of a time constraint to wait on the next one. Whoops.
Later, I got back on the bus, riding the blue route. I got off at the World of Birds park. Finally, I returned to the hostel.

Canal Cruise

Before I made it to the canal cruise, I had to walk behind the aquarium. Then, I saw the seals, just there doing whatever seals do.


Oh, hello there.


I'd like to do the same.

Caution heeded.

Is this a showdown?

360-degree view of where you wait to board the canal cruise. 

I had a while to wait.

A South African native, or so I've been told.

Front-row seat on the boat. I was the only passenger.

Whoa, I can see this is definitely a loaded community. 

A family having breakfast along the canal.


The Great Gatsby (sandwich)

I've watched YouTube videos about this sandwich and I really wanted to take it on. I ordered the half Gatsby. I had half of that for breakfast (around 9:30) and had the 2nd half for dinner (around 17:00). That sandwich was my entire day's meal. The Gatsby is no joke, let me tell you!

Behold, the half steak and eggs Gatsby.

After 1 bite. How do I hold and eat this thing?

Sheesh . . . I've met my match.
I had the Gatsby at a place called "Mariams Kitchen" on Heerengracht Street. It's a Halal restaurant, so I felt secure (food-wise) on the premises (thanks guys!). 

First Arabic numbers clock I've ever seen.

Walking off the meal


The main hall of the District Six Museum 
I'd like to go back for the guided tour. I think I missed out on a few things.
Good thing I didn't miss the blue route bus to World of Birds!


Entrance to Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden
I thought I was going to spend Friday morning there with one of my hostel roommates, but those plans fell through.
That's fine. Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden is yet another reason I need to return to Cape Town.


World of Birds

Nah, I gotta use the video. There are too many pictures.


In a nutshell, that was my third and last day on the sightseeing tour bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment