Saturday, August 20, 2011

Itaewon and Myeongdong (14.Aug.)

For weeks, I've planned about this day (Aug. 14). It was a Sunday and--best of all--we had Monday off; so this meant we could do a little something special on this day . . . which is what we did.


I had planned on taking the teachers from both SDA institutes in Cheonan to an exquisite Indian restuarant in Itaewon (the foreigner section of Seoul). Afterwards, I wanted all of us to go up to N. Seoul Tower. Some of our plans came true, others did not. Either way, we had a pretty good day.




. . . Pictures! . . .







Inge (from South Africa, downtown Cheonan teacher) seems to be able to make friends with the stiffest kinds of people.



How to know where the train is and when it's coming. Our train is 2 stops away in this picture.




We arrived and went inside a Cold Stone Creamery. I saw this display and had to capture it. This is how they determine size.




The buffett options at Chakraa.

*mouth watering*





Our 2 special guests for the day: Inge's cousin Glen, and Ingrid's hilarious friend Danny.





2 old friends catching up in front of the Foreign Food Market in Itaewon.





This is how this stoked Korean rolls.
Yeap, we're back at Cold Stone Creamery.




You want to join our table . . . you know you do . . .




Apparently, because of fog, we didn't go to N. Seoul Tower. Instead, we went to Myoungdeong. Here is the oldest catholic church in Korea. I think it's also the largest.




With the church behind me, this is what I see. Interesting how a church like this is in the middle of a hustling city like Seoul.





Man, I miss this kind of architecture.





Reminisce


Wanna go inside?


We did!

Of course, it was all in Korean, so I didn't understand a thing--except when it was time to stand and sit. It was interesting though.


Aftwewards, we walked around Myeongdong some more before finally making our way home. I think I got home around midnight.


Good times.


No comments:

Post a Comment